Painting is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to change the look of your home. Getting started and knowing what to do is usually the hardest part but the following tips these tips will help to make your painting projects easier. These instructions and suggestions can save you time and effort while helping you end up with a better-looking paint job.
PREPARE THE SURFACE
Clean the surface to be painted.
Fill in any cracks or holes with putty before starting the painting job.
Caulk all joints, cracks and seams in the surface before painting.
Check around the window panes for loose or missing putty. Replace the putty in these areas before starting the painting job.
Use drop cloths to cover floors, furniture, etc.
Thoroughly mix the paint.
Pour off, into another container, any thin portion of the paint that is floating on top.
Use a paddle to stir the paste settled in the bottom of the can.
Pouring the paint back and forth from one container to another will help thoroughly mix the paint.
Line your roller tray with a plastic tray liner or aluminum foil it will save you a lot of clean up time in the end.
Always use the flat side of the brush when you’re painting corners.
Cleaning the brushes carefully after each painting job is done and
then wrapping and storing them for future use. Fold wax paper around the brush and seal it with a rubber band.
Clean rollers in the same basic way as paintbrushes. Take time to clean them thoroughly.
Wash latex paints out of a brush with clear warm water.
Following the quick and simple tips will have you with a whole new look and a clean and easy paint job.
Andover Listing AlertsAndover, MA - $2,188,000
3 MacKenzie Court - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:6 - Baths:7/2Andover, MA - $199,900
7 Longwood Drive - Condo - Garden - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Andover, MA - $819,900
35 Avery Ln - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Andover, MA - $1,199,000
4 Charles Circle - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:5Andover, MA - $1,200
100A Washington Park - Rentals - - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1
North Andover ListingsNorth Andover, MA - $524,900
1454 Salem Street - Single-Family - Colonial, Garrison - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/11 hour agoNorth Andover, MA - $499,000
116-118 Beverly - Multi-Family - Units:3 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:01 hour agoNorth Andover, MA - $619,900
242 Foster St - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/112 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $249,000
46 Francis St - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1North Andover, MA - $1,325
70 Edgelawn Ave - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1
- State high court to review harassment law; target was now-rep Lyons September 1, 2014The next day, her husband, Jim, began getting phone calls late at night from people inquiring about a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- More September 1, 2014Massachusetts' highest court is set to hear arguments this week in an appeal filed by a couple convicted of harassing their Andover neighbors through fake Craigslist ads for free golf carts and a false report of child abuse.
- The produce counter is filled up at the Market Basket store in Burlington. August 30, 2014Barely two days after a deal was announced that returned control of Market Basket to its former president, Arthur T. Demoulas, the chain's employees and vendors said the chain was recovering at a rapid pace.
- Andover Day Expands in 2014 August 28, 2014The town's annual fair, Andover Day, will provide local entertainment, live music, raffles, and crafts to downtown Andover next Saturday, Sept.
- State high court to review harassment law; target was now-rep Lyons September 1, 2014
- Blaze guts homes in Chelsea September 1, 2014A Chelsea family watched their childhood home - gifted to them by their recently deceased mother - destroyed in an intense five-alarm inferno that strained firefighters and spread to five other buildings yesterday afternoon.
- Annual Merchants Fall Festival Gets New Home August 28, 2014The fourth annual Merchants Fall Festival has a new location this year: the grounds of North Andover Common - Old Center, near the intersection of Osgood Street and Massachusetts Avenue.
- Workers win supermarket presidenta s job back August 28, 2014The former CEO says "onerous" terms are preventing him from regaining control of the company from relatives amid a bitter feud that has prompted employee walkouts and customer boycotts.
- Aerosmith's Joey Kramer finds new ways to drum up business for his coffee venture August 27, 2014It didn't take long before Joey Kramer 's band broke out of the Northeast and became a nationwide phenomenon.
- Blaze guts homes in Chelsea September 1, 2014