Buying a home is a very important decision. Before you rush into a home you should consider all the factors.
Making sure you end up with the right home involves figuring out exactly what features you need, want and don’t want in a home. Before starting your search, you should make a “wish list” to decide which features are absolutely essential, which nice “extras” are if you happen to find them, and which are completely undesirable.
The more specific you can be about what you’re looking for from the outset, the more effective your home search will be. Also keep in mind, that in the end, every home purchase is a compromise.
Create your own personalized “wish list” and when you’re finished filling it out; share it with your real estate agent.
Become an educated buyer
•The web is one of the best ways to search for homes today. With this website, you can receive daily emails with new and updated listings from the towns and price range of your choice.
•Search the entire MLS for all homes, condos, land, multi family, commercial properties, and past sold properties at your convenience.
•View full listing sheets showing amenities, taxes, lot sizes, beds, baths, rooms, siding, fireplaces, garages, room sizes and much more.
•Get property addresses and see where the properties are located on MapQuest.
•Check schools and community profiles of your preferred towns.
•Save preferred listings in your own file to view anytime.
•Calculate approximate mortgage payments for specific properties.
Once you have made an offer on a home, you will need to schedule a home inspection, conducted by an independent authorized inspector. It is extremely important to hire a reputable inspector so that you know exactly what you are buying. Do not hesitate to ask friends, family, and co-workers for advice. If you are satisfied with the results of the inspection, then you can proceed with the sale. If the inspector finds problems with the property, you may want to negotiate with the seller to lower the price, or to pay for certain repairs.
Your lender may require you to get an appraisal of the house you want to buy, to make sure it is worth the money that you are borrowing. You may select your own appraiser, or you may ask your real estate broker to help you with this task.
Lenders require that you have homeowners insurance, to protect both your interests and theirs. Like everything else, be sure to shop around for insurance that fits your needs.
Settlement or Closing
Finally Make Sure Before you Buy
Finally, you are ready for the closing. Be sure to read everything before you sign! You should have both your real estate broker and an attorney present at the closing to ensure that all is in order.
Andover Listing AlertsAndover, MA - $999,900
53 William Street - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/15 hours agoAndover, MA - $349,900
16 Balmoral Street - Condo - Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/18 hours agoAndover, MA - $149,000
204 Andover St - Commercial - Year Built:1880 - Acres:1.038 hours agoAndover, MA - $180,000
354 North Main Street - Condo - Garden - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:18 hours agoAndover, MA - $839,900
6 Leah Way - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/19 hours ago
North Andover ListingsNorth Andover, MA - $514,900
1454 Salem Street - Single-Family - Colonial, Garrison - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/13 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $279,900
161 Massachusetts Ave - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:24 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $159,000
148 Main St - Condo - Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:1/15 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $369,900
11-13 Commonwealth Ave - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:26 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $3,500
193 Rosemont Drive - Rentals - - Rooms:12 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/16 hours ago
- Pedestrian Walking on I-495 Struck, Killed; Police Seeking Vehicle September 22, 2014A pedestrian walking on I-495 Northbound in North Andover was struck and killed, and officials are looking for the vehicle involved, according to Massachusetts State Police. State Police posted on their Twitter account that they are looking for a dark pickup truck with running boards and Massachusetts plates.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Selects UW Nursing... September 17, 2014The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses recently selected Elizabeth Bridges , RN, PhD, CCNS, FCCM, FAAN, as its 2015 Distinguished Research Lecturer . The award recognizes nurses whose program of research significantly influences high acuity and critical care.
- Dunkin' Donuts To Raze Pittsfield Church for... September 13, 2014Developers aim to demolish a vacant former Tyler Street church and its rectory to make way for a new Dunkin' Donuts drive-through restaurant. According to permitting paperwork filed with the city's Office of Community Development, Cafua Management Co.
- Dunkin' Donuts, with drive-thru, planned at site of vacant Pittsfield church September 13, 2014Cafua Management Co. of North Andover, said to be the largest Dunkin' Donuts franchise owner in the nation, is seeking site plan approval from the city and a special permit from the City Council, which is required for the drive- thru operation.
- Pedestrian Walking on I-495 Struck, Killed; Police Seeking Vehicle September 22, 2014
- Woman killed by pickup on I-495 in North Andover September 22, 2014State police say a woman walking along Interstate 495 in North Andover was struck and killed by a pickup truck that then left the area. A state police spokesman says investigators are looking for a later model black or dark-colored pickup with Massachusetts plates and running boards that will likely have front end damage.
- Pedestrian Killed in a Hit and Run Accident in North Andover September 22, 2014State Police are investigating a hit and run crash that killed a pedestrian at 3:40 Monday morning on Interstate 495 northbound in North Andover. The deceased victim is a woman who was in the road, according to authorities.
- National Cheeseburger Day: What's Your Favorite Spot to Get One? September 17, 2014Thursday is National Cheeseburger Day. Every year, the day is "celebrated" on Sept.
- Therapeutic North Andover Farm Celebrating 50th Anniversary September 16, 2014It's a golden anniversary for one of the first of its kind. Since 1964 Windrush Farm in North Andover has been changing lives, with four-legged therapists.
- Woman killed by pickup on I-495 in North Andover September 22, 2014