Buying a home is a very important decision. Before you rush into a home you should consider all the factors.
Making sure you end up with the right home involves figuring out exactly what features you need, want and don’t want in a home. Before starting your search, you should make a “wish list” to decide which features are absolutely essential, which nice “extras” are if you happen to find them, and which are completely undesirable.
The more specific you can be about what you’re looking for from the outset, the more effective your home search will be. Also keep in mind, that in the end, every home purchase is a compromise.
Create your own personalized “wish list” and when you’re finished filling it out; share it with your real estate agent.
Become an educated buyer
•The web is one of the best ways to search for homes today. With this website, you can receive daily emails with new and updated listings from the towns and price range of your choice.
•Search the entire MLS for all homes, condos, land, multi family, commercial properties, and past sold properties at your convenience.
•View full listing sheets showing amenities, taxes, lot sizes, beds, baths, rooms, siding, fireplaces, garages, room sizes and much more.
•Get property addresses and see where the properties are located on MapQuest.
•Check schools and community profiles of your preferred towns.
•Save preferred listings in your own file to view anytime.
•Calculate approximate mortgage payments for specific properties.
Once you have made an offer on a home, you will need to schedule a home inspection, conducted by an independent authorized inspector. It is extremely important to hire a reputable inspector so that you know exactly what you are buying. Do not hesitate to ask friends, family, and co-workers for advice. If you are satisfied with the results of the inspection, then you can proceed with the sale. If the inspector finds problems with the property, you may want to negotiate with the seller to lower the price, or to pay for certain repairs.
Your lender may require you to get an appraisal of the house you want to buy, to make sure it is worth the money that you are borrowing. You may select your own appraiser, or you may ask your real estate broker to help you with this task.
Lenders require that you have homeowners insurance, to protect both your interests and theirs. Like everything else, be sure to shop around for insurance that fits your needs.
Settlement or Closing
Finally Make Sure Before you Buy
Finally, you are ready for the closing. Be sure to read everything before you sign! You should have both your real estate broker and an attorney present at the closing to ensure that all is in order.
Andover Listing AlertsAndover, MA - $1,199,000
4 Charles Circle - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:59 hours agoAndover, MA - $1,200
100A Washington Park - Rentals - - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1Andover, MA - $639,900
20 Bradley Rd - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/1Andover, MA - $599,900
5 Lancaster Pl - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3Andover, MA - $3,200
52 Dascomb Road - Rentals - - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1
North Andover ListingsNorth Andover, MA - $2,500
34 Ciderpress Way - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/15 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $283,000
124 Chadwick St - Condo - Half-Duplex - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/15 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $229,900
31 Wood Avenue - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/112 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $180,000
68 Fernview Ave - Condo - Low-Rise - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:2North Andover, MA - $264,900
24 Mill Pond - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1
- The produce counter is filled up at the Market Basket store in Burlington. August 30, 2014Barely two days after a deal was announced that returned control of Market Basket to its former president, Arthur T. Demoulas, the chain's employees and vendors said the chain was recovering at a rapid pace.
- Andover Day Expands in 2014 August 28, 2014The town's annual fair, Andover Day, will provide local entertainment, live music, raffles, and crafts to downtown Andover next Saturday, Sept.
- Deal to sell Market Basket to Arthur T. Demoulas has been signed August 28, 2014The epic family feud over Market Basket that captivated the public and paralyzed the supermarket business through the summer ended Wednesday when Arthur T. Demoulas reached a deal to buy the company from rival relatives for more than $1.5 billion.
- Missing Dog Safely Reunited With Owner After Crash August 26, 2014The dog that ran off after being ejected from a rollover crash on I-495 Wednesday in Andover was safely found this weekend.
- The produce counter is filled up at the Market Basket store in Burlington. August 30, 2014
- Annual Merchants Fall Festival Gets New Home August 28, 2014The fourth annual Merchants Fall Festival has a new location this year: the grounds of North Andover Common - Old Center, near the intersection of Osgood Street and Massachusetts Avenue.
- Workers win supermarket presidenta s job back August 28, 2014The former CEO says "onerous" terms are preventing him from regaining control of the company from relatives amid a bitter feud that has prompted employee walkouts and customer boycotts.
- Aerosmith's Joey Kramer finds new ways to drum up business for his coffee venture August 27, 2014It didn't take long before Joey Kramer 's band broke out of the Northeast and became a nationwide phenomenon.
- Candidates court voters in North Shore districts August 24, 2014Voter-chasing statewide office-seekers are eyeing the North Shore as a potential boon in the sprint to the September primary, thanks to a heated 6th Congressional District race and contested local campaigns that make the area one of the best bets for busy polling stations.
- Annual Merchants Fall Festival Gets New Home August 28, 2014