You may be considering buying a home but it is hard to know if you are ready to be a homeowner. It can be a big step. Buyers that educate themselves on the process and set realistic expectations have the best experiences.
To gauge whether or not you are ready to own your first home you should ask yourself some serious questions.
- Are you in a lease or is your living situation easily changed?
- Do you need to remain in your current community or would you be willing to move?
- Do you have the time and resources necessary to make your first home purchase a success?
If you have answered these questions favorably you may well be on your way to homeownership.
The next step is to evaluate your financial situation. Here are some questions to check your financial readiness.
- Do you have a steady source of income?
- Do you know your credit history?
- Do you have a down payment ?
- Are you ready for the financial responsibilities that coincide with home ownership?
If your answers to these questions are positive then it is time to get the loan process started to see how much you can afford. A reputable lender will give you realistic expectations and many offer a free consultation for buyers seeking pre-approval.
Now it is time to start your search. Working with an agent that you trust and are comfortable with is very important. My skills include educating you about the buying process, negotiating, having your best interest in mind and helping you find a perfect first home while hopefully saving you time and money.
Andover Listing AlertsAndover, MA - $135,000
60 Colonial Drive - Condo - Garden - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:13 hours agoAndover, MA - $1,700
101 Elm Street - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:16 hours agoAndover, MA - $569,900
28 Bradley Rd - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/17 hours agoAndover, MA - $1,049,000
25 Blueberry Hill Rd - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/18 hours agoAndover, MA - $259,900
400 Brookside Drive - Condo - Garden - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:29 hours ago
North Andover ListingsNorth Andover, MA - $345,000
9 Alcott Way - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/11 hour agoNorth Andover, MA - $374,900
27 Parker St - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/13 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $469,900
1180 Turnpike St - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/15 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $165,000
148 Main St - Condo - Low-Rise - Rooms:6 - Beds:1 - Baths:1/16 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $2,000
124 Cotuit Street - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/16 hours ago
- Understanding our Social Security system September 13, 2014Several of surveys conducted over the last few years show that a growing number of Americans are losing faith that they will receive their full Social Security benefits. Predictably, younger adults expect to receive no benefits at all when they retire.
- Dunkin' Donuts To Raze Pittsfield Church for... September 13, 2014Developers aim to demolish a vacant former Tyler Street church and its rectory to make way for a new Dunkin' Donuts drive-through restaurant. According to permitting paperwork filed with the city's Office of Community Development, Cafua Management Co.
- Dunkin' Donuts, with drive-thru, planned at site of vacant Pittsfield church September 13, 2014Cafua Management Co. of North Andover, said to be the largest Dunkin' Donuts franchise owner in the nation, is seeking site plan approval from the city and a special permit from the City Council, which is required for the drive- thru operation.
- Freeze Drying Monitoring & Control September 12, 2014SP Scientific has entered into an exclusive agreement with Physical Sciences Inc. to distribute the LyoFlux 200 Water Vapor Mass Flow Rate Monitor for laboratory and pilot scale freeze dryers. The LyoFlux 200 is an innovative two line-of-sight tuneable diode laser absorption spectroscopy based device for continuous monitoring of laboratory, pilot and product
- Understanding our Social Security system September 13, 2014
- Therapeutic North Andover Farm Celebrating 50th Anniversary September 16, 2014It's a golden anniversary for one of the first of its kind. Since 1964 Windrush Farm in North Andover has been changing lives, with four-legged therapists.
- Dunkin' Donuts plans drive-thru for St. Mary the Morningstar Church in Pittsfield September 13, 2014Another Dunkin' Donuts restaurant with drive-thru service is planned in Pittsfield at the site of the former St. Mary The Morningstar Church off Tyler Street. Cafua Management Co.
- Rogers says pick-and-pay hurts business September 12, 2014The cable giant told a hearing on Thursday it is concerned a set of ideas floated by the Canadian Radio-television and Communications Commission to strip down basic TV packages and let viewers buy channels one by one would hurt its business. But it argued it could accept the regulator's proposals - with a few major caveats.
- Dunkin' Donuts To Raze Pittsfield Church for Drive-Through September 12, 2014Developers aim to demolish a vacant former Tyler Street church and its rectory to make way for a new Dunkin' Donuts drive-through restaurant. According to permitting paperwork filed with the city's Office of Community Development, Cafua Management Co.
- Therapeutic North Andover Farm Celebrating 50th Anniversary September 16, 2014