You may be considering buying a home but it is hard to know if you are ready to be a homeowner. It can be a big step. Buyers that educate themselves on the process and set realistic expectations have the best experiences.
To gauge whether or not you are ready to own your first home you should ask yourself some serious questions.
- Are you in a lease or is your living situation easily changed?
- Do you need to remain in your current community or would you be willing to move?
- Do you have the time and resources necessary to make your first home purchase a success?
If you have answered these questions favorably you may well be on your way to homeownership.
The next step is to evaluate your financial situation. Here are some questions to check your financial readiness.
- Do you have a steady source of income?
- Do you know your credit history?
- Do you have a down payment ?
- Are you ready for the financial responsibilities that coincide with home ownership?
If your answers to these questions are positive then it is time to get the loan process started to see how much you can afford. A reputable lender will give you realistic expectations and many offer a free consultation for buyers seeking pre-approval.
Now it is time to start your search. Working with an agent that you trust and are comfortable with is very important. My skills include educating you about the buying process, negotiating, having your best interest in mind and helping you find a perfect first home while hopefully saving you time and money.
Andover Listing AlertsAndover, MA - $2,400
36 Boston Rd - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:211 minutes agoAndover, MA - $538,000
35 Dascomb Rd - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/13 hours agoAndover, MA - $2,188,000
3 MacKenzie Court - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:6 - Baths:7/2Andover, MA - $199,900
7 Longwood Drive - Condo - Garden - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Andover, MA - $819,900
35 Avery Ln - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1
North Andover ListingsNorth Andover, MA - $1,200
86 Main St - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:215 minutes agoNorth Andover, MA - $270,000
Lot 1 Ogunquit Road - Land - Acres:21 hour agoNorth Andover, MA - $430,000
427 Winter St - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/12 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $570,000
1490 Great Pond Rd - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/22 hours agoNorth Andover, MA - $449,700
121 Herrick Rd - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/13 hours ago
- State high court to review harassment law; target was now-rep Lyons September 1, 2014The next day, her husband, Jim, began getting phone calls late at night from people inquiring about a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- More September 1, 2014Massachusetts' highest court is set to hear arguments this week in an appeal filed by a couple convicted of harassing their Andover neighbors through fake Craigslist ads for free golf carts and a false report of child abuse.
- The produce counter is filled up at the Market Basket store in Burlington. August 30, 2014Barely two days after a deal was announced that returned control of Market Basket to its former president, Arthur T. Demoulas, the chain's employees and vendors said the chain was recovering at a rapid pace.
- Andover Day Expands in 2014 August 28, 2014The town's annual fair, Andover Day, will provide local entertainment, live music, raffles, and crafts to downtown Andover next Saturday, Sept.
- State high court to review harassment law; target was now-rep Lyons September 1, 2014
- Blaze guts homes in Chelsea September 1, 2014A Chelsea family watched their childhood home - gifted to them by their recently deceased mother - destroyed in an intense five-alarm inferno that strained firefighters and spread to five other buildings yesterday afternoon.
- Annual Merchants Fall Festival Gets New Home August 28, 2014The fourth annual Merchants Fall Festival has a new location this year: the grounds of North Andover Common - Old Center, near the intersection of Osgood Street and Massachusetts Avenue.
- Workers win supermarket presidenta s job back August 28, 2014The former CEO says "onerous" terms are preventing him from regaining control of the company from relatives amid a bitter feud that has prompted employee walkouts and customer boycotts.
- Aerosmith's Joey Kramer finds new ways to drum up business for his coffee venture August 27, 2014It didn't take long before Joey Kramer 's band broke out of the Northeast and became a nationwide phenomenon.
- Blaze guts homes in Chelsea September 1, 2014